BRITTONA CHILLOUT MANGROVES KAYAKING
The Brittona wetlands, in the tranquil backwaters of the Mandovi River, are a veritable mangrove wonderland. Narrow channels penetrate the dense, uninhabited mangrove forests. Paddling among the mangroves is a delightful experience.
The mangrove forests comprise shady canals that are ideal for kayaks. This goes deep into the mangroves where you can spot native plants and wildlife underneath the mangrove canopy, where trees thrive in salty water, and provide a habitat for a wide range of animals and plants.
Make your way through this enchanted forest, taking in the different mangrove species, watching birds and crabs, or just chilling.
We teach kayaking basics before you start. It’s not difficult. A 10 minute briefing followed by a short familiarization exercise on the water is sufficient for even a complete novice to participate in any of our kayaking excursions.
Expert instructors accompany you throughout the excursion. However, fallen trees make maneuvering difficult, so Brittona Chillout Mangrove Kayaking is not recommended for the first-time kayaker.
Note: In rare circumstances where tide or winds are too low or too high (these conditions are in nature’s control, not in ours), the excursion may not be possible.
Backwater Mangrove Kayaking must be done around the high tide. The time of the high tide changes everyday. On some days – when the high tide is too early in the morning or too late in the evening, Backwater Mangrove Kayaking is not possible. Please contact us directly to know the best possible time you can kayak on your chosen date.
For 2 to 6 kayakers
From mid-October to mid-May
1 to 4 kayakers: ₹6990
each additional kayaker: ₹1890
List of upcoming events
BRITTONA CHILLOUT MANGROVE KAYAKING
- 1Use of Sit-on-Top Kayak with paddle and backrest
- 2Group leader and guide
- 3Use of Life Jacket for safety
- 4Bottled Water(We urge you to please bring your own water bottle if possible, to save the Earth from more discarded single-use plastic)
- 1Transport to and from starting/ending point.
- 3Anything not in the included list
- 1Swimming Gear
- 2Change of Clothes
- 4Sunscreen lotion
- 6If you wear spectacles, a strap to stop them from falling in the water(We have limited number available for use by clients)
- 7Dry bag if you want to carry your mobile phone, cash or valuables(We have limited number available for use by clients. We also have a lockable cupboard on shore to keep these items))
Clothes for Kayaking
- Tee shirt and shorts OR long sleeved shirt and long track pants if you get easily sunburned.(Wear something you are comfortable getting wet in)
- Water shoes, canvas gym shoes or sandals with a strap at the back (floaters).(Avoid leather footwear)
- Same Day: 100% deducted
- Up to 24 hours: 75% deducted
- 24 to 48 hours: 50% deducted
- Over 48 hours: 20% deducted
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum 2 pax, or pay for 2; maximum 8 pax
- Booking must be made one day in advance
- Full payment in advance into our company back account (we will provide the details)
- Payment includes membership fee and all taxes
- If you weigh more than 110kg, then it is unsafe for you to kayak
- Punctuality: We expect kayakers to be on time, as it is unfair to keep others waiting. One instructor will wait up to a maximum of 35 minutes beyond the reporting time. Any delays beyond that will be treated as a 'no show'. There is no refund for a 'no show'. If kayakers show up late, the excursion may be curtailed or shortened to make up for lost time.