On 7 days each month, during the waxing (expanding) phase of the Moon, known in ancient Indian astronomy as Shukla Paksh, from the half moon to the full moon, we take you kayaking off Bambolim Beach.
Land at Siridao Beach, spend some time there, then return. The bright moon makes the landscape come surreally alive in the dead of night, as if it’s dusk or dawn. It’s an experience with a difference.
We teach kayaking basics before you start. It’s not difficult. A 10-minute briefing followed by a short familiarization exercise on the water is sufficient for even a complete novice to participate in any of our kayaking excursions.
Two or three expert instructors accompany the group throughout the excursion, depending upon numbers.
Note: In rare circumstances where tide or winds are too low or too high (these conditions are in nature’s control, not in ours), the excursion may not be possible.
Moonlight Kayaking Dates:
April 2022: Tue 12 April to Mon 18 April 2022
Every night between the above dates each month
TIME: 3 hours from 7 PM onwards
₹1490 per person
List of upcoming events
- 1Use of Sit-on-Top Kayak with paddle and backrest
- 2Group leader and guide
- 3Use of Life Jacket for safety
- 4Bottled Water(We urge you to please bring your own water bottle if possible, to save the Earth from more discarded single-use plastic)
- 1Transport to and from starting/ending point.
- 3Anything not in the included list
- 1Swimming Gear
- 2Change of Clothes
- 4If you wear spectacles, a strap to stop them from falling in the water(We have limited number available for use by clients)
- 5Dry bag if you want to carry your mobile phone, cash or valuables(We have limited number available for use by clients. We also have a lockable cupboard on shore to keep these items))
Clothes for Kayaking
- Tee shirt and shorts OR long sleeved shirt and long track pants if you get easily sunburned.(Wear something you are comfortable getting wet in)
- Water shoes, canvas gym shoes or sandals with a strap at the back (floaters).(Avoid leather footwear)
- Same Day: 100% deducted
- Up to 24 hours: 75% deducted
- 24 to 48 hours: 50% deducted
- Over 48 hours: 20% deducted
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum 2 pax, or pay for 2; maximum 8 pax
- Booking must be made one day in advance
- Full payment in advance into our company back account (we will provide the details)
- Payment includes membership fee and all taxes
- If you weigh more than 110kg, then it is unsafe for you to kayak
- Punctuality: We expect kayakers to be on time, as it is unfair to keep others waiting. One instructor will wait up to a maximum of 35 minutes beyond the reporting time. Any delays beyond that will be treated as a 'no show'. There is no refund for a 'no show'. If kayakers show up late, the excursion may be curtailed or shortened to make up for lost time.