The Tamang people of Nepal originally came from Tibet and were horse traders. They settled in the region North of Kathmandu.
The Tamang Heritage Trail takes you through their villages where you can experience their culture and history.
The trail is easily accessible trekking route from Kathmandu.
Taking you through the mountains with stunning views of the Langtang Himalayas, the route goes through forests and terraced farmlands and streams.
This moderate intensity trek does require reasonable fitness levels though it does not go to very high altitudes.
Overnight stays are at homestays and tea houses which though very basic compared to those on other Nepal Trek routes, do offer clean accommodation and good food off the menu.
At the end of each day it’s interesting to stroll the villages and chat with the local people.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2: Explore Kathmandu
Day 3: Drive to Syabrubesi. 1460 mtrs
Day 4: Trek Syabrubesi to Gatlang. 2238 mtrs. Approx 7 to 8 hours
Day 5: Trek Gatlang to Tatopani
2380 mtrs. Approx. 7 hours
Day 6: Tatopani to Nagthalli 3200 mtrs. Approx 4 hours
Day 7: Trek to view point above Nagthalli 3800mtrs (Approx 5 hours) OPTIONAL
Then post lunch trek to Thuman 2238 mtrs Approx 3 hours
Day 8: Trek to Briddem 2239 Approx 6 hours
Day 9: Trek to Syabrubesi 1460
Approx 5 hours
Trek Fee: INR 63,000
Minimum group size: 8 pax (For smaller groups inquire with us)
Best season: April – May, October – November
Plan and book your own trek!
All permits and park fees
Transport from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (this is start of trek) & back
Stay in Tea Houses/ Guest Houses
All meals at Tea Houses
Stay and meals in Kathmandu
Airfare to Kathmandu and return
Required Trekking Gear:
1. Personal Medicines / Basic medical kit
2. Woolen Cap / headband
3. Sun hat / cap
4. Sun glasses
5. Face Mask / Buff
6. Neck warmer / Muffler
7. Fleece or Woolen gloves – 1 pair
8. Waterproof gloves – 1 pair
9. Woolen Socks – 1 pair
10. Ankle length Socks – 3 pair
11. Above ankle length socks – 2 pair
12. Ankle length trekking shoes (preferably water proof)
13. Thermal Wear (Top & Bottom – 1 pair)
14. Quick dry half / full sleeves t-shirts – 4 nos
15. Poncho / Rain Jacket + Pant – 1 no
16. Down or Padded Jacket – 1 no
17. Fleece or windproof Jacket / Sweater – 1 no
18. Trek Pants (preferably water proof) – 2 nos
19. Head lamp / torch with extra batteries
20. Tiffin box
21. Water bottle 1 liter each – 2 nos / Thermos (optional)
22. Coffee Steel Mug + Spoon (1 each)
23. Trek Pole
24. Toilet Paper
There are no reviews yet.