Har Ki Dun valley is situated in Garhwal, Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand State. It is a lovely trek to the Har Ki Dun valley with glorious views of Swargarohini group of peaks. The forest here is rich in flora and fauna and is in full bloom during the months of March, April, May and June. One can see Swargarohini– I, II, III, Bandarpoonch, Blackpeak, Ataa Peak, Harki dun Peak, Jamdhar Glacier and magnificent valleys stretched till your eyes can reach. The Har Ki Dun trail takes you through some of the ancient villages that are about 2,000 years old. This trek is heaven for nature lovers, adventure seekers and photographers.
Day 1: Dehradun to Sankri (220 kms, 8 – 10 hours):
The first day begins with a drive from Dehradun to Sankri.
Pickup will be arranged from Dehradun railway station.
Overnight stay in Sankri.
Day 2: Sankri to Pauni Garat via Taluka (12kms drive, 10 kms trek, 5 hours):
Today we start our drive to Taluka village. The drive takes us to the remotest villages of Uttarakhand.
Taluka is a small village with few houses. One can get the last of refreshments here.
From Taluka, the hike starts for the day and after crossing terraced fields, bridges, streams one reaches Pauni Garat.
Day 3: Pauni Garat to Kalkatiyadhar (8 kms, 5 – 6 hours):
The trail takes one through the interior Valley of Supin River.
Today, we cross some Garat or hydroelectric run chaffing units which are run by villagers to separate husks of millet and maze, followed by grounding to flour.
Pauni Garat to Kalkatiyadhar is a 8kms trek which passes through villages like Seema and Gangaad.
On the left hand side on top of the cliff, one will get a glimpse of the Osla village – the last of the villages of this valley.
The Osla village people worship Duryodhana.
We will bypass Osla village and head to camp.
Kalkatiyadhar is an open meadow and good place for camping.
One gets view of Mt.Black peak, Bugyal Devsu.
Overnight in tents.
Day 4: Kalkatiyadhar to Har ki Dun and back to Kalkatiyadhar (10 kms, 8 – 9 hours):
The day starts early as compared to other days.
The trail will go into a glacier basin having moraines and alpine meadows. Tall pine trees greet you at every step.
The trail is mixed of moderate ascent till Har ki Dun valley.
The Har ki Dun valley is a heavenly place displaying immense beauty in one sight.
The huge peaks like Swargarohini, Black Peak, Hata peak, etc show their marveling glimpses.
After spending time in Har ki Dun, we return back to Kalkatiyadhar camp.
Day 5: Kalkatiyadhar to Pauni Gharat via Osla village (8 kms, 5 – 6 hours):
Today we shall retrace the steps through the Osla village to Pauni Gharat. One gets chance to relive the moments with the villagers closely and see the village. The Duryodhan temple can be visited.
From Osla, it’s a descend till the river bank and from there it’s a gradual descend till the campsite.
Day 6: Pauni Gharat to Sankri via Taluka ( 10 kms trek, 12 kms drive, 4 – 5 hours):
A 5 hours trek to Taluka sets this morning, climbing by the similar trail, resting at familiar rest points.
The pickup vehicle will be waiting at the Taluka village which takes us to Sankri.
Day 6: Sankri to Dehradun ( 220 kms drive, 8 – 10 hours):
Today we bid adieu to the mountains with memories in our hearts. The journey goes back from the same route.
Trek Fees: ₹11,500
1. All meals starting from dinner on day 1 till breakfast on day 7.
2. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and back to Dehradun.
3. Accommodation on triple sharing basis in homestay on day 1 & day 6, rest all the other days in tents.
4. A team of trained mountain staff- guides, trek leader, cook, helpers, mule men.
5. Medical assistance with team equipped with medical kit.
1. Meals during the journey.
3. Emergency evacuation charges.
4. No refund will be given if you decide to cut short or cancel the trek.
5. Any extra day stay at basecamp Sankri other than mentioned stay days.
6. Offloading of bags, charge is ₹350 bag a day.
Required Trekking Gear:
1. Personal Medicines / Basic medical kit
2. Woolen Cap / headband
3. Sun hat / cap
4. Sun glasses
5. Face Mask / Buff
6. Neck warmer / Muffler
7. Fleece or Woolen gloves – 1 pair
8. Waterproof gloves – 1 pair
9. Woolen Socks – 1 pair
10. Ankle length Socks – 3 pair
11. Above ankle length socks – 2 pair
12. Ankle length trekking shoes (preferably water proof)
13. Thermal Wear (Top & Bottom – 1 pair)
14. Quick dry half / full sleeves t-shirts – 4 nos
15. Poncho / Rain Jacket + Pant – 1 no
16. Down or Padded Jacket – 1 no
17. Fleece or windproof Jacket / Sweater – 1 no
18. Trek Pants (preferably water proof) – 2 nos
19. Head lamp / torch with extra batteries
20. Tiffin box
21. Water bottle 1 liter each – 2 nos / Thermos (optional)
22. Coffee Steel Mug + Spoon (1 each)
23. Trek Pole
24. Toilet Paper
*Please note: We can help you buy Trek insurance*
Some useful information:
Total Distance of the trek: 50kms (Approx.)
Nearest Railway Station: Dehradun
Nearest Airport: Dehradun
*We do not provide trekking gears on rent.*
For the cancellation of a trek due to any unavoidable situation has to be notified in writing.
- Cancellation 30 days before the start of the trek – refund of the trek fees with 10% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation between 30 to 20 days before the start of the trek – refund of the trek fees with 20% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation between 20 to 10 days before the trek – refund of the trek fees with 30% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation less than 10 days before the trek – refund of the trek fees with 50% cancellation charges.