Deorital is an emerald lake perched at a height of 2438 mts above sea level. Early morning on a clear day, DeoriTal blesses one with miraculous reflections of Chaukhamba peaks on its crystal clear water.
The famous Tungnath temple is not less than 1000 years old and, according to scriptures, is the third temple to be visited in the Panch Kedar circuit. Legend goes that, it was constructed by Pandavas after the Kurukshetra War.
Chandrashila top offers a 360-degree view of some great mountains of Uttarakhand like Nanda Devi, Trishul, Nandaghunti, Kamet, Dunagiri, Chaukhamba, Kedardome, Thalaysagar, Gangotri ranges, Jahanukut and more.
Day 1: Drive from Rishsikesh to Sari village (6600ft; 6-7hrs drive) and hike to Deorital (3kms; 3hrs hike- 7,900ft):
Start early from Rishikesh to Sari village. The drive will take you through Devprayag (confluence of Bhagirathi and Alaknanda), Rudraprayag (confluence of Mandakini and Alaknanda).
After freshening up, we start out hike to Deorital. The trail to the Deorital campsite is a gradual ascent and is gorgeous as we hike through Oak and Rhododendron forest. Enroute, you will get clear views of the valleys surrounding Sari. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 2: Hike to the lake and back to Sari and drive to Chopta (20 kms; 1.5hrs drive – 8,860ft):
Post breakfast start your hike for Deoriatal. Early morning views at the lake are absolutely fantastic. The reflection of the mighty Chaukamba in the water is worth all the effort. You get an upclose view of Chaukamba from the lake. After spending good time at the lake we hike down to Sari and drive to Chopta.
Day 3: Hike to Tungnath (3.5kms; 3-4hrs hike – 11,380ft) and Chandrashila Top (1.5kms; 1hr hike – 12,057 ft) and back to Chopta:
We start early today to watch the sunrise enroute the Highest Shiva Temple. There are well built steps till we reach the temple. Tungnath is one of the Panch Kedars (Five Shiva temples in India). After spending time at the temple we hike further up to the Chandrashila Top. This is the highest point of the trek. The views throughout the trail are very beautiful. We get clear views of peaks like Chaukamba, Nanda Devi, Trishul, Nanda Ghunti, Kamet, Dunagiri, Kedar Dome, Thalaysagar, Gangotri ranges, Jahanukut and more. We hike back to Chopta for overnight stay.
Day 4: Post breakfast, drive to Rishikesh from Chopta.
1. Meals from dinner on day 1 till breakfast on day 4
2. Accommodation in tents in Deorital and Chopta
3. Forest permits & entry fees
4. Experienced & Certified Trip leader equipped with a Medical Kit
5. Local guide
6. Micro – Spike & Gaiters (If need be)
7. Simple yet nutritious vegetarian food
8. Comfortable sleeping arrangements
1. Transportation from Rishikesh – Sari – Chopta and Back to Rishikesh
2. Accommodation other than above mentioned days
3. Meals during the journey
4. Offloading of bags on mules/porters during the trek
5. Trekking gears like trek poles, shoes, jackets, caps etc
7. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
Required Trekking Gear:
1. Personal Medicines / Basic medical kit
2. Woolen Cap / headband
3. Sun hat / cap
4. Sun glasses
5. Face Mask / Buff
6. Neck warmer / Muffler
7. Fleece or Woolen gloves – 1 pair
8. Waterproof gloves – 1 pair
9. Woolen Socks – 1 pair
10. Ankle length Socks – 3 pair
11. Above ankle length socks – 2 pair
12. Ankle length trekking shoes (preferably water proof)
13. Thermal Wear (Top & Bottom – 1 pair)
14. Quick dry half / full sleeves t-shirts – 4 nos
15. Poncho / Rain Jacket + Pant – 1 no
16. Down or Padded Jacket – 1 no
17. Fleece or windproof Jacket / Sweater – 1 no
18. Trek Pants (preferably water proof) – 2 nos
19. Head lamp / torch with extra batteries
20. Tiffin box
21. Water bottle 1 liter each – 2 nos / Thermos (optional)
22. Coffee Steel Mug + Spoon (1 each)
23. Trek Pole
24. Toilet Paper
For the cancellation of a trek due to any unavoidable situation has to be notified in writing.
- Cancellation 30 days before the start of the trek – refund of the trek fees with 10% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation between 30 to 20 days before the start of the trek – refund of the trek fees with 20% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation between 20 to 10 days before the trek – refund of the trek fees with 30% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation less than 10 days before the trek – refund of the trek fees with 50% cancellation charges.