The trek to Kuari Pass starts from Karchi, a small village near Joshimath which is the hub for trekkers and pilgrims. The Winter Kuari Pass trek gives you a golden opportunity to admire the impressive skyline of the mighty mountains. This trek was explored by Lord Curzon and is also known as The Lord Curzon Trail. This trek is a series of meadows and forests. You can get an amazing view of peaks like Kamet, Hathigoda, Nilgiri, Mana and Trishul. This trek is a great choice for both beginners and seasoned trekkers.
Day 1: Drive from Rishikesh to Karchi base camp (260-265kms; 8-9 hrs drive):
Start early on this day as it’s a long road journey. The drive will take you through some famous hill towns like Devprayag- confluence of Bhagirathi & Alaknanda to form Ganga.
Rudraprayag–confluence ofAlaknanda&Mandakini rivers and Karanprayag- confluence of Alaknanda&Pinder rivers. Overnight stay at a homestay.
Day 2: Karchi to Akhrot camp (9,500Ft; 4Kms – 5-6 hrs hike):
Post breakfast, get ready with your hiking gears for today’s hike. Traverse through a beautiful, small village towards the camp site.
The best part of this day is that popular peaks like Dronagiri or Dunagiri (as per locals) and Nilgiri can be seen throughout the trail.
Day 3: Akhrot to Khullara camp site (11,000Ft; 3Kms – 3-4 hrs hike):
Today the distance to be covered is less but the gradient is slightly challenging. Enjoy your breakfast with beautiful views of a few amazing snow clad mountains. Today’s hike starts with a gradual climb which takes you through gorgeous oak forests. The whole hike offers you pleasant views of snow clad mountains. Khullara is a vast meadow with views of peaks like Pangarchula, Kamet, Dronagiri, HathiGoda and more.
Day 4: Khullara to Tali camp site (11,000Ft) via Kuari Pass (12,700Ft; 7Kms – 8 hrs hike):
Longest day of the trek! Start your day early today, as you head for the Kauri pass summit. One can see the trail ascending from a distance. You get clearer views of Hathi-Ghoda, Nilgiriparvat, Mana peak and others.
If the weather God permits, you will be blessed with a gorgeous view of Mt. Nanda Devi from the summit.
Day 5: Tali to Auli via Gorson meadows (8,600Ft; 8Kms –6hrs hrs hike):
A long day with only a steep descent till Auli. You can see the Gorson meadows from a distance. Gorson & Auli are two beautiful meadows lying in this part of Garhwal Himalayas!
Auli is famous for its Ski slopes. Tonight’s stay is at a home stay/hotel at Auli.
*There is a Gondola and chaircar at Auli which connects to Joshimath.*
Day 6: Drive back to Rishikesh from Auli.
1. Meals from dinner on day 1 till breakfast on day 6.
2. Forest permits & entry fees.
3. Day 1(Karchi) & Day 5 (Auli) accommodation at a homestay/lodge, all other days in tents.
4. Experienced & Certified Trip leader equipped with a Medical Kit.
5. Local guide.
6. A team of Local Mountain Staff (Cook, Helpers, Mulemen/Porters)
7. Micro – Spike & Gaiters (if there is snow on the route).
8. Nutritious, hygienic, vegetarian food.
9. Dry toilets.
10. Round the clock medical attention.
11. Comfortable sleeping arrangements.
1. Transport to & from the Basecamp (Karchi).
2. Accommodation at the Basecamp other than the above mentioned days.
2. Meals during the journey.
3. Offloading of bags on mules/porters during the trek. Offloading bag charge is Rs.300/- for a bag per day.
4. Trekking gears like trek poles, shoes, jackets, caps etc.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Difficulty Level: Easy – Moderate
Trek Fees: ₹11,800/-
Some useful information:
Total Distance of the trek: 22kms (Approximately)
Maximum Altitude: 12,700 Ft
Nearest Railway Station: Rishikesh
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
Last ATM before the trek: Joshimath
*We do not provide trekking gears on rent *