The trek to the Kashmir Great Lakes offers a once in a lifetime experience of delightful memories!
The serenity and beauty of these lakes is simply beyond comparison, added to this mesmerizing scene, lies majestic mountains that stand unmoving and tall.
This trek provides one with a perfect flavor of all hues of the terrain such as the innumerable meadows, glaciers pinnacles, passes,
Rocky barren lands and sparkling streams.
The trail to the Great Lakes is simply invaluable and does justice to all the expectations of a trekker.
Best Time: July – September
Day 1: Pick up from the Srinagar airport and drop to Shitkadi (7,780 ft; 75kms, 3hrs):
Start your journey from Srinagar, while witnessing the beautiful Kashmir valley.
Once we reach our pleasant campsite, settle down in your tents.
Later in evening a brief introduction will be given of the trek and the organizing team.
Day 2: Hike from Shitkadi to Nichnai (11,838 ft; 67 hrs, 12kms):
Post breakfast we start the trek to Nichnai.
We begin with a moderate climb, crossing an army check post.
Please Keep your Ids with you as it’s needed to be shown at the check post.
As we climb to the top, one’s eyes catch sight of an engrossing view of the Sonamarg valley.
The trail after that is a gradual ascend till the campsite.
Day 3: Hike from Nichnai to Vishnusar (12,011 ft; 6-7 hrs, 14kms):
Post breakfast, trek towards Nichnai pass.
From Nichnai pass it’s a gradual descend till Vishansar.
Comfort yourselves in the warmth of your tents and later in evening, hike to the serene Vishnusar lake.
Day 4: Hike from Vishnusar to Gadsar (12,200 ft) via Gadsar Pass (13,850 ft; 8-9hrs, 17kms):
Here comes a challenging day! Time to get all the more energetic as we aim to reach the highest altitude of this trek, The Gadsar Pass!
Beginning early, we head towards Gadsar passin the duration of which you will pass by the alluring Kishansar lake.
From Kishansar lake one gets a glimpse of the ascend of Gadsar pass.
Dally along the journey and reach the pass with a great sense of achievement!
From the pass it’s all descend until our campsite.
Day 5: Hike from Gadsar to Satsar (12,100 ft; 4-5 hrs, 11kms):
Today is easier than previous days!
After an initial climb for 1.5 hours, tread through the tender meadows and enjoy its vibrant view.
Although Satsar is a collection of 7 lakes, one’s vision might be limited to 4 or 5 lakes depending on the water level in the lakes.
Day 6: Hike from Satsar to Gangabal (11,600 ft; 67 hrs, 9kms):
Post breakfast hike towards Gangbal – the twin lake campsite. The two lakes are Gangbal and Nandkol.
As you leave Satsar camp, you will experience an engaging boulder trail and climb it for 2 hours to reach the top.
Reward yourself by getting the first glimpse of the stunning twin lakes from this point.
From here it’s a complete descend till the campsite.
Spend your evening visiting these pristine lakes and enjoy their beauty.
Day 7: Hike from Gangabal to Naranag (7,450 ft) (14kms, 5hrs) and drive to Srinagar (6-7 hrs):
Last day of your adventurous trek and you descend towards Naranag.We hit the road ahead from where the vehicles will pick you up for Srinagar.
The trail is clear cut and easy.
Trek Fee: ₹16,200(With Transport)
1. Meals from dinner on day 1 till breakfast on day 7
2. Transportation from Srinagar to Shitkadi and back to Srinaga
3. Forest permits & entry fees
4. Accommodation in tents in Shitkadi
5. Experienced & Certified Trip leader equipped with a Medical Kit
6. A team of Local Mountain Staff (Guide, Cook, Helpers, Mulemen/Porters)
7. Micro – Spike & Gaiters (If need be)
8. Dry toilets
9. Round the clock medical attention
10. Nutritious, simple yet tasty vegetarian food
11. Comfortable sleeping arrangements
1. Accommodation at the basecamp other than the above mentioned days
2. Meals during the journey
3. Offloading of bags on mules/porters during the trek
4. Trekking gears like trek poles, shoes, jackets, caps etc
6. Accommodation if you discontinue the trek
7. No refund will be given if you decide to cut short or cancel the trek
8. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
Required Trekking Gear:
1. Personal Medicines / Basic medical kit
2. Woolen Cap / headband
3. Sun hat / cap
4. Sun glasses
5. Face Mask / Buff
6. Neck warmer / Muffler
7. Fleece or Woolen gloves – 1 pair
8. Waterproof gloves – 1 pair
9. Woolen Socks – 1 pair
10. Ankle length Socks – 3 pair
11. Above ankle length socks – 2 pair
12. Ankle length trekking shoes (preferably water proof)
13. Thermal Wear (Top & Bottom – 1 pair)
14. Quick dry half / full sleeves t-shirts – 4 nos
15. Poncho / Rain Jacket + Pant – 1 no
16. Down or Padded Jacket – 1 no
17. Fleece or windproof Jacket / Sweater – 1 no
18. Trek Pants (preferably water proof) – 2 nos
19. Head lamp / torch with extra batteries
20. Tiffin box
21. Water bottle 1 liter each – 2 nos / Thermos (optional)
22. Coffee Steel Mug + Spoon (1 each)
23. Trek Pole
24. Toilet Paper
*Please note: We can help you buy Trek insurance*
For the cancellation of a trek due to any unavoidable situation has to be notified in writing.
- Cancellation 30 days before the start of the trek – refund of the trek fees with 10% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation between 30 to 20 days before the start of the trek – refund of the trek fees with 20% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation between 20 to 10 days before the trek – refund of the trek fees with 30% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation less than 10 days before the trek – refund of the trek fees with 50% cancellation charges.