Day 1: Reach at Lohajung (7,600 ft,), 260 kms drive from Rishikesh
Drive to Lohajung which takes about 9-10 hours from Rishikesh while passing through small towns of Garhwal region.
Lohajung serves as the beginning point and the base camp for the Brahmatal trek., apart from Roopkund.
The stay will be in Homestay on sharing basis.
Day 2: Lohajung Base Camp to Didna Village via Kuling Village – 9 km | 8145 Ft
We start the day from Lohajung towards Dinda village. It is a fairly marked trail that descends through mixed forests. It is a moderate trek and you would take around 2-2½ hrs to reach the Ruan Bagad, which is an iron bridge across the famous Neel Ganga river. Hereafter the climb to Didina starts once you cross the iron bridge. It is a difficult climb and you may get tired pretty soon. With a relatively tough time in the beginning, you would reach Didina in about and an hour and a half time. You will have a good trekking experience and warm up for the trek on the first hiking day.
Day 3: Didna Village to Abin Kharik via Ali Bugiyal & Tolpani – 12 km | 12200 Ft
To reach Abin Kharak from Didna, there are two alternative routes. If you look in the direction of the valley, you would look at Tolpani, which is a cluster of huts that belong to the shepherds. From Tolpani, you take a trail that climbs to Tolkaan in the northern direction. The meadow trek goes through a series of switchbacks and grassy oak mountains. From Tolkaan, you take a sharp left towards the south and steer through the ridge to come out of the forest at Ali Bugyal. It takes nearly two and a half hours to reach Ali Bugyal on this route.
Day 4: Abin Kharik to Patar Nachauni: 6/7 kms via Bedni Bugyal
The trek from Abin Kharak to Bedni Bugyal and further Patar Nachauni is an easy trek. You would follow a straight line ahead. Later on the trial brings you to the other side of the ridge. The view from this point is absolutely marvelous. Explore morning view of Bedani Bugyal, around green grass, Bedeni kund.
Spend some time at Bedni Bugyal before heading for Patar Nachauni. The trials ascends gently till we reach campsite.
Day 5: Patar NAchauni to Bhagvawasa via Kalu Vinayak – 6 kms, 14000 ft.
You would have to start your day early as you would like to reach Bhawabasa as early to acclimatize to the weather. Your route takes a climb to Kalu Vinayak, which is a steep and zigzag way to take you up the mountain. From Kalu Vinayak it’s a gradual trail till Bhagvawasa.
Bhagvawasa is a rocky/boulders campsite.
Take your time to acclimatise and prepare yourself for next day’s climb.
One gets beautiful view of Mt.Trishul from here.
Day 6: Bhagwabasa to Roopkund (Junargali) and back yo Pater Nachoni – 12 km | 16000 ft.
You have to start the day as early at 4 am. The sooner you start, the better it is for you as the snow is still hard, while later in the day, it would get soft and your feet would start sinking in. Roopkund is a 3-4 km gradually up-hill climb from Bhagwabasa. You will have steep climb towards the end of the trail to reach Roopkund. It would take about 3 – 3½ hours to reach Roopkund. From Roopkund the climb to Junargali is not long. It is around 200 metres and doesn’t take much time. It is hardly a climb of 25 – 30 min. Later head back to Bhagwabasa then Pater Nachoni.
Day 7 : Pater Nachoni to Lohajung via Wan & Ranka Dhar. (14kms trek)
Drive from Wan to Lohajung | 7662feet
This is the day we will return back to Lohajung. We will start early and on the way take a short break at Bedani if the weather permits. And from here the trail descends to Ghairoli Patal.
From Ghairoli, it is a steep ridge descent to the Neel Ganga. The bridge on the Neel Ganga is an idyllic location to wash the dirt and grime of the long trek. From the river it is a short half hour climb to the ridge above Wan village.
You’ll take a jeep from Wan to Lohajung. It’s a drive of about 45 mins.
Day 8 : Drive from Lohajung to Rishikesh
You’ll leave for Rishikesh early in the day. You will reach Rishikesh between 7 pm and 8 pm. Check out the reaching the basecamp section for more details about getting back after your trek.
1. Accommodation. (Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg & Egg) – The meals start from Day 1 (Dinner) to Day 8 (Breakfast)
3. Trek equipment: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin/triple sharing), kitchen & dining tent, toilet tent, gaiters and micro-spikes (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees
5. First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional Trek Leader, guide, cook and Support staff
7. Porters/mules to carry central equipment.
8. Transport Rishikesh to Lohajung and back to Rishikesh.
1. Any kind of personal expenses
2. Accommodation at the Basecamp other than above mentioned days
3. Food during the transit
4. Offloading of bags on mules/porters during the trek. They charge Rs. 350 per bag per day
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
Required Trekking Gear:
1. Personal Medicines / Basic medical kit
2. Woolen Cap / headband
3. Sun hat / cap
4. Sun glasses
5. Face Mask / Buff
6. Neck warmer / Muffler
7. Fleece or Woolen gloves – 1 pair
8. Waterproof gloves – 1 pair
9. Woolen Socks – 1 pair
10. Ankle length Socks – 3 pair
11. Above ankle length socks – 2 pair
12. Ankle length trekking shoes (preferably water proof)
13. Thermal Wear (Top & Bottom – 1 pair)
14. Quick dry half / full sleeves t-shirts – 4 nos
15. Poncho / Rain Jacket + Pant – 1 no
16. Down or Padded Jacket – 1 no
17. Fleece or windproof Jacket / Sweater – 1 no
18. Trek Pants (preferably water proof) – 2 nos
19. Head lamp / torch with extra batteries
20. Tiffin box
21. Water bottle 1 liter each – 2 nos / Thermos (optional)
22. Coffee Steel Mug + Spoon (1 each)
23. Trek Pole
24. Toilet Paper
*Please note: We can help you buy Trek insurance*
Trek Fee: Rs. 15,500 Per Person
Some useful information:
Difficulty level: Moderate to difficult
Total Distance of the trek: 58 kms approx
Best Season to Trek: Mid May to June and Mid September to Mid October
Maximum Altitude: 16,000 ft
Minimum Age: 12 years
For the cancellation of a trek due to any unavoidable situation has to be notified in writing.
- Cancellation 30 days before the start of the trek – refund of the trek fees with 10% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation between 30 to 20 days before the start of the trek – refund of the trek fees with 20% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation between 20 to 10 days before the trek – refund of the trek fees with 30% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation less than 10 days before the trek – refund of the trek fees with 50% cancellation charges.