DeoTibba Base camp Trek is a very picturesque trek and is perfect for flora and fauna lovers. This trek will bring you to the grazing meadows of the Gaddi Marshals and the blue waters of the Chandertal Lake. Trek starts from Above Khanol and Chandertal Lake (4480 m) is the last point of this trek. One can see DeoTibba Peak, Jagatsukh and Norbu peaks from here.
Day 1: Drive from the hotel till the start point via Jagatsukh village (1.5hrs) and hike to Chikka campsite, (3 kms – 2-3 hrs; 10,500ft):
An ascent through dense pine forests. There is a small Mandir built by the locals at Chikka and is said that anyone who goes beyond this point have to offer prayers. In the summer the locals leave their livestock in Chikka and the surrounding forests for grazing.
Day 2: Hike from Chikka to Seri (6kms –6-7 hrs; 11,800ft):
This day is quite challenging; taking you through dense coniferous forests and rocky terrain. Leaving behind the beautiful campsite of Chikka, we trail the path running beside the Jagatsukh river. Seri is a vast meadow and offers first views of the Deo Tibba Peak and the Duhangan Col.
Day 3: Hike from Seri to Tainta (The Base of DeoTibba Peak – 3 kms – 3 -4 hrs; 12,800ft) :
The trek begins with an easy walk on the meadows of Seri, succeeded by a stream crossing. The steep ascent begins after the stream crossing and takes about an hour before we reach the meadows of Tainta. Tainta is a vast meadow similar to Seri with gorgeous views of the Deo Tibba, Jagatsukh, Consolation and Norbu peaks. We wade through three streams before reaching our campsite.
Day 4: Day hike from Tainta to Chandertaal Lake and back to Tainta (14,700ft – 7hrs):
We begin early post breakfast. The trail is stretched over moraines and is surrounded by DeoTibba in its entire splendor. After about an hour and half of climbing we reach a pond around which people on the expedition to Deo Tibba peak camp on. The climb gets steeper from here before giving way to the beautiful alpine lake – Chota Chandratal. On a clear weather day look out for clear reflection of Deo Tibba peak in the lake.
Day 5 : Hike from Tainta to Dudupathar (5kms– 5hrs; 10,500ft):
Today we start a little late as there is no ascending. We camp at a meadow called Dudupathar which is in between Chikka and Seri.
Day 6: Hike from Dudupathar to the Road head via Chikka and drive back to Manali.
1. Meals from dinner on day 1 till breakfast on day 10
2. Forest permits & entry fees
3. Accommodation in Manali before the trek
4. Experienced & Certified Trip leader equipped with a Medical Kit
5. A team of Local Mountain Staff (Guide, Cook, Helpers, Mulemen/Porters)
6. Micro – Spike & Gaiters (If need be)
7. Dry toilets
8. Round the clock medical attention
9. Nutritious, simple yet tasty vegetarian food
10. Comfortable sleeping arrangements
1. Meals during the journey
2. Offloading of bags on mules/porters during the trek. (Rs. 300/- per bag per day)
3. Trekking gears like trek poles, shoes, jackets, caps etc
5. Accommodation if you discontinue the trek
6. No refund will be given if you decide to cut short or cancel the trek
7. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
Required Trekking Gear:
1. Personal Medicines / Basic medical kit
2. Woolen Cap / headband
3. Sun hat / cap
4. Sun glasses
5. Face Mask / Buff
6. Neck warmer / Muffler
7. Fleece or Woolen gloves – 1 pair
8. Waterproof gloves – 1 pair
9. Woolen Socks – 1 pair
10. Ankle length Socks – 3 pair
11. Above ankle length socks – 2 pair
12. Ankle length trekking shoes (preferably water proof)
13. Thermal Wear (Top & Bottom – 1 pair)
14. Quick dry half / full sleeves t-shirts – 4 nos
15. Poncho / Rain Jacket + Pant – 1 no
16. Down or Padded Jacket – 1 no
17. Fleece or windproof Jacket / Sweater – 1 no
18. Trek Pants (preferably water proof) – 2 nos
19. Head lamp / torch with extra batteries
20. Tiffin box
21. Water bottle 1 liter each – 2 nos / Thermos (optional)
22. Coffee Steel Mug + Spoon (1 each)
23. Trek Pole
24. Toilet Paper
Trek Fees: ₹13,300
Some useful information:
Total Distance of the trek: 30kms (Approx.)
Maximum Altitude: 14,000 Ft
Nearest Railway Station: Chandigarh
Nearest Airport: Chandigarh
*We do not provide trekking gears on rent.*
For the cancellation of a trek due to any unavoidable situation has to be notified in writing.
- Cancellation 30 days before the start of the trek – refund of the trek fees with 10% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation between 30 to 20 days before the start of the trek – refund of the trek fees with 20% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation between 20 to 10 days before the trek – refund of the trek fees with 30% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation less than 10 days before the trek – refund of the trek fees with 50% cancellation charges.