Brahmatal is a small Kund/Pond where it is believed that Lord Brahma meditated for many years. It is located in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. This trek provides a panoramic view of the Himalayas with Mt. Trishul, Nanda Ghungti& few others & also the bird’s eye view of the majestic Roopkund Lake & ample opportunities to capture the majestic snow-covered peaks. For avid nature photographers, Brahmatal offers a lot of opportunities to capture nature at its best.
The Brahmatal trek takes one through beautiful valleys, hushed hamlets, streams, coniferous & oak forests. In winter, the region is covered in a sheath of snow & offers an unparalleled Himalayan view.
Day 1: Drive from Rishikesh to Lohajung; (258 Kms – 10 -11 Hrs of drive)
Day 2: Lohajung to Bekaltal campsite (9,885Ft; 6Kms – 5-6 Hrs of hike):
The trail is slightly steep starting from the village. The whole trail is a gradual ascend through dense and beautiful Oak and Rhodendron forest. Today’s campsite is going to be pitched around a frozen lake about 15minutes before the Bekaltal lake.
Day 3: Bekaltal to Brahmatal Campsite (10,440Ft) via Jhandi Top; (7.3Kms – 5-6 Hrs of hike):
Today is an exciting day as we hike to Brahmatal via Jandi top from where, on a clear day the entire Massiff of Mt. Trishul can be seen. This view is absolutely breathtaking and worth the climb. After spending some time at Jandi top, start descending to Brahmatal campsite.
Day 4: Brahmatal to Brahmatal top (12,250Ft) & further to Khorurai camp (9,160Ft; 8Kms – 7-8 Hrs of hike):
We start early today as we have to hike up to the Brahmatal top and then descend to Khorurai. You get an up close view of Mt. Trishul massif and also of few surrounding villages. After spending some time atop, start descending to Khorurai campsite. This is a gorgeous camp as we pitch our tents amidst dense Oak forests. Oak in the local dialect is called Khorurai.
Day 5: Khorurai camp (9,160Ft) back to Lohajung (7,700Ft; 3Kms – 3-4 Hrs of hike):
We start a little late today as compared to the other days as this is the last day of the trek. Post breakfast hike back to Lohajung and spend the rest of the day walking around the village and getting acquainted with the lifestyle.
Day 6: Drive back to Rishikesh from Lohajung
1. Meals from dinner on day 1 till breakfast on day 6
2. Forest permits & entry fees
3. Day 1 & Day 5 accommodation at a homestay/lodge, all other days in tents
4. Experienced & Certified Trip leader equipped with a Medical Kit
5. A Local guide
6. A team of Local Mountain Staff (Cook, Helpers, Mulemen/Porters)
7. Micro – Spike & Gaiters
8. Dry toilets with toilet seats
9. Round the clock medical attention
10. Nutritious, hygienic, vegetarian food
11. Comfortable sleeping arrangements
1. Transport to & from the Basecamp
2. Accommodation at the Basecamp other than above mentioned days
3. Meals during the journey
4. Offloading of bags on mules/porters during the trek. They charge Rs. 300 per bag per day
5. Trekking gears like trek poles, shoes, jackets, caps etc
7. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
Required Trekking Gear:
1. Personal Medicines / Basic medical kit
2. Woolen Cap / headband
3. Sun hat / cap
4. Sun glasses
5. Face Mask / Buff
6. Neck warmer / Muffler
7. Fleece or Woolen gloves – 1 pair
8. Waterproof gloves – 1 pair
9. Woolen Socks – 1 pair
10. Ankle length Socks – 3 pair
11. Above ankle length socks – 2 pair
12. Ankle length trekking shoes (preferably water proof)
13. Thermal Wear (Top & Bottom – 1 pair)
14. Quick dry half / full sleeves t-shirts – 4 nos
15. Poncho / Rain Jacket + Pant – 1 no
16. Down or Padded Jacket – 1 no
17. Fleece or windproof Jacket / Sweater – 1 no
18. Trek Pants (preferably water proof) – 2 nos
19. Head lamp / torch with extra batteries
20. Tiffin box
21. Water bottle 1 liter each – 2 nos / Thermos (optional)
22. Coffee Steel Mug + Spoon (1 each)
23. Trek Pole
24. Toilet Paper
*Please note: We can help you buy Trek insurance*
Trek Fee: Rs. 8,900 Per Person
Difficulty level: Easy – Moderate
Some useful information:
Total Distance of the trek: 25km
Best Season to Trek: Mid – November till April
Maximum Altitude: 12,250 Ft
Nearest Railway Station: Dehradun
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
ATM: Dewal has the last ATM point before the trek
*It’s advisable to withdraw money in Rishikesh, Srinagar or Karanprayag*
*We do not provide trekking gears on rent. You can rent gears either from Rishikesh or Lohajung*
For the cancellation of a trek due to any unavoidable situation has to be notified in writing.
- Cancellation 30 days before the start of the trek – refund of the trek fees with 10% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation between 30 to 20 days before the start of the trek – refund of the trek fees with 20% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation between 20 to 10 days before the trek – refund of the trek fees with 30% cancellation charges.
- Cancellation less than 10 days before the trek – refund of the trek fees with 50% cancellation charges.